Hasn't TV just gotten pathetic!? Reality TV that is so far from reality yet we find it entertaining. I'm constantly surprised at what the networks show during prime time and even on commercials. Things I would prefer my kids not see or hear. And their shows are just as bad. I miss the good ole days of Little House on the Prairie, Leave it to Beaver, Happy Days, The Little Rascals....I mean, these were classics when I was a kid. Heck, I even watched Bonanza!
Today, the kids have shows like Hannah Montana, The Suite Life on Deck, The Witches of Waverly Place and iCarly. And because of that... I have three little girls who love to be sassy, want to live in a Hotel, have magic powers and be the coolest kid in school.
I swear if you took the word "like" out of their vocabulary, I don't think they could express themselves. The girls will come home from school and I'll ask, "How was your day?" One will reply with, "Well, today we went to the playground and so and so was like....and I was like....and they were like.....and we were like". "Stop", I say. I know what you are like, I live with you 24/7....just tell me what you did or what happened. I feel like I'm living with valley girls, like!
They have also picked up a few other bad habits. For example, the other morning I said, "Girls, it's kinda chilly outside you might want to grab a light jacket." My oldest replied, "YA THINK?!" Now, fortunately for her the Holy Spirit has really been working in my heart lately. So instead of unleashing my wrath on her sharp tongue with a, "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!"....I calmly said, "Sweetheart, when you say things like it is very disrespectful, especially to an adult. It is like saying, "Really Mom? Like I couldn't have figured that out on my own." Instead, I would rather you respond with, "Thanks Mom, I've got my coat." Because Hannah Montana doesn't live here.....SNAP, SNAP!
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
im sorry... but i giggled. im sure i wont think it is funny when travis smarts off to me though :) and you can giggle then.
your playground story is exactly what my best friend and i would say to make fun of the "valley talk" in high school. "i was like... and then he was like... and then WE were like!!!" . however, i am guilty of saying like!
Post a Comment