Last Saturday, our church hosted it's 4th Annual Spring Seminar Event. It was my third time attending this wonderful event. It is a fun-filled day with music, seminars, food and chit chat. The seminars I attended were Kim Hill's "Fashion for the Everyday Woman" and Maja Clayton's " The Art of Hospitality". Both are gurus on their topics. Not only does Kim run the 5K bootcamp (which I've been MIA) she is also our church's fashion police. Just kidding, Kim (really, I am). Kim is just known for her great fashion advice.
Maja is also known for her (and her family's) great hospitality. Shortly after we joined Community Presbyterian, The Clayton's invited our family over for lunch after church one day. It was encouraging to see how she and Scott handle their large family. Jason and I only have three but constantly feel out numbered. We really enjoyed our lunch with the Clayton's, they are a very special family.
I was asked to host a table at the Spring Seminar, which means to prepare place settings for a table of seven. Each host is responsible for decorating and providing the plates, glasses, utensils, etc. for her table. It was so neat to see how different each table was set. They were all inviting!
Here's some pictures of the tables and a few others from the event. I'm not sure who hosted each table so if you know, maybe you can comment.
In our Sunday school class we have been studying what ministry to the church means. What a day of ministry this was! Whether it was organizing the event, preparing the food, decorating the church gym, teaching a seminar, hosting a table, blessing us with beautiful music or the sharing of wisdom among women, a big thank you to everyone who participated. It was a beautiful day and one I'll look forward to again next year!
Oh, and don't let me forget to mention another great ministry to our church....Paige sporting the "Mom" jeans. Way to take one for the team, Paige!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Stop, IN THE NAME OF FASHION! I work for the good of womankind!
You gals did an awesome job. The tables were beautiful. We got some fine womenfolk at Community.
I'm always willing to "take one for the team". OK, maybe not always. It was a fun day! I always look forward to it as well. It is neat to see how all the women work together to make it such a great ministry in our church.
Post a Comment