I had the saddest bedside conversation with my 8yr old tonight. She's been a little emotional this evening....getting weepy over the littlest things. Because of some earlier comments today, Jason and I thought it had to do with a little boy. Is it time for her to be interested in boys already?! I was hoping she would wait about 20more years. Well, don't fret....boys are still gross according to her but what was to come next simply broke my heart.
At work we are expecting the union to strike next year and all non-union employees have received assignments to backfill their positions. My assignment would require me to complete 100+ hours of training beginning in January (60% online training and 40% which requires travel) and then on April 4th I'm required to report to Springfield, MO for an undetermined amount of time. Well, needless to say I'm not happy about it and it has been a source of great stress for me. I've talked to Jason and other family members about it but had not really talked to the girls about it.
Tonight while laying with McClain, encouraging her to open up to me and tell me what's bothering her she tells me, "Next year is almost here and I don't want you to leave and go work somewhere else". It caught me off guard. I had no idea that it was causing her stress as well. How foolish of me...they pick up on so much more than we realize. Surprisingly, I didn't break down in tears, instead we prayed together and made a pact to pray everynight that the union contract negotiations would be resolved and that no one would have to leave their families. I told her that if I did have to go that maybe it would just be for a few days or a couple of weeks. Either way, God will take care of us. He always does. He has provided for us in so many ways. He will continue to provide for us in this matter. Please join us in prayer. Please pray that I won't have to leave my family, pray for God's grace but more importantly pray that mine and my daughter's faith would be strengthened by this.
Coveting your prayers,
Anne Marie
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm always amazed at how much our kids actually pick up on concerning the real world around us. Keep us posted on your job. We'll most definately be praying.
That doesn't sound like a well-thought plan. Are they trying to punish the non-union employees? How frustrating.
Her faith will strengthen as she sees yours...
How did you keep it together? I about lost it during McClain's prayer at dinner last week. I'm thankful that she realizes the importance of prayer! We are all praying!
Post a Comment