For Auburn football, that is! Last Wednesday, Coach Tuberville fired offensive coordinator, Tony Franklin. Tuberville stated to the media, “I’m not satisfied with the progress being made on offense”….seeing football games with baseball scores, I tend to agree….not with the firing necessarily but being dissatisfied with our offense’s lack of progress. We manage to painfully “progress” our way down the field but can’t seem to score on 1st and goal from the 5 yard line! Are you serious? At this point, I think the Moody 95lb team could give Auburn a run for their money. Our defense has been pulling the load, scoring half the points in some games, but they’re tired and not used to losing. With West VA, Ole Miss, Georgia and Alabama on the schedule, the rest of the season is looking pretty dim….pretty, pretty dim! We have at least a dozen on the injury list and a big question mark at QB. Will Kodi Burns start the rest of the season or is his job on the chopping block, too? Barrett Trotter, expected to sit out the entire season and pick up a redshirt, may be playing before we know it. He’s used to running a spread offense from his record setting days at Briarwood. He may be just what we need! Don’t get me wrong, I hate that Tony Franklin got fired. I really sympathize and will pray for Tony Franklin and his family. I also don’t want Kodi Burns to miss his shot either….and what about Neil Caudle and Chris Todd? Why is football so sad?
What are our chances at a Bowl game now?.....Are we headed anywhere other than the tidy bowl? I don’t like losing. Maybe I’m a sore loser. I know there is a lesson to be learned here. Maybe I’m to see how quick I lose faith in my team….do I do the same with Christ? When I’m not satisfied with the progress do I quickly lose faith? When I feel my faith in Christ fading – I pray. That’s what I’ll do for Auburn – I’ll pray.
I don’t know much about football but I do know this….get it together Tuberville or your job may be next on the chopping block.
War Eagle!
Trying to console my husband,
Anne Marie
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen, girl. I was not supportive of the firing but my husband was. I feel bad for TF. I think Tubby throws people under the bus too often. It's just my opinion. It seems the Auburn nation is divided over the decision which is also a bad sign. I haven't liked Tubby for a while. I don't trust him and I don't like how he left things at Ole' Miss. He's kinda like a cheatin' spouse. If he's done it there what makes us so confident he'll do it to us too. I have a lot of opinions about it, none of which I'll go into great detail. It's sad to watch because for me it's not fun, it's very frustrating. I'd like to know what others are thinking so I'll be checking your blog for the comments.
Bama fans like myself can identify with the suffering.Hope you can feel better soon (I think).
Just had to say that Barrett Trotter was in my second grade class and I loved him. I sure wish the best for him, I hope he does the Auburn family proud.
Wow~! How ten years of marriage to an Auburn man can change a Georgia woman! I'm impressed!
I think Tuberville is getting on in years and maybe thinking about retiring ....or just being somewhere else making easier decisions.....like where to eat dinner. SOME BEACH!
We are missing the PASSION, especially since Muschamp left. Our defense is tired of being great and losing. I think they kind of gave up in the Arkansas game.
My biggest concern however is how this hurts us in recruiting. Many signees came aboard sold on the spread offense in mind. Now what? This could hurt for years to come.
Thanks for the consoling! Lucky for me, you're a much better wife than Tubbs is a coach!
Wow, Anne Marie, I'm impressed! Look at you throwing out all those names. I have to admit, Heather Davis called me and told me Tony Franklin had been fired I was thinking, "oh no, poor man...who is Tony Franklin?"
Post a Comment