
I haven't blogged in awhile,... it's been busy in the Webb household. Last weekend we had Emma's 4th birthday party at Pump It Up. She was so happy to see all her friends from school and church. She had a great time, although I knew something was up when it came time for cake and ice cream (and cheese puffs, her favorite, the ones that dissolve in your mouth) and she took only one bite of ice cream. Later she said "Mommy, my throat hurts". She passed out in the car on the way home and later began running a fever. So on Sunday, instead of being in church, I'm at the pediatrician's office - hoping that my sweet little girl who just celebrated her 4th birthday with about 20 other sweet kids, doesn't have strep throat! Fortunately, it wasn't strep but rather an ear infection that had irritated her throat.
Tuesday was our actual birthday, (Emma was born on my birthday - Csection baby) so my dear husband and I took a day off from work to spend together. I awoke at 5:30am, showered, woke the kids and off to school we go. I go back to Emma's school at 9am for cupcakes and cheese puffs for her birthday. At 10am, I head to the elementary school to have lunch (at 10:15 mind you) with Macy who is "Kid of the Day". I return home around 11:30 to my husband who is ready to go. For lunch he took me to John's City Diner for a fabulous pan seared Mahi-Mahi...mmmm! Afterwards, he takes me shopping, a true rarity for Jason. When we return home he fires up the Vmax and takes me on a wonderful motorcycle ride for about an hour and a half. We graciously return home at 5pm to pick up the girls from Paige's, only to find that she had made me and Emma a chocolate chip cookie cake! It was a lovely birthday and one I will cherish forever.
About 2pm on Wednesday, I get a call from the school nurse who tells me that McClain is running a low grade fever. So once again, instead of being at church Wednesday night I'm home with what we later determine to be a fever virus. It makes a path over the mountain top, striking Landy, Carson, Josh, McClain and Shirley. I manage to work the rest of the week but McClain missed a couple of days of school.
Come Friday, the kids were asked to be flower girls and ring bearer for Brittany & Matt's wedding (Jason's other sister). We head to the Donally House for rehearsal and then to Outback for rehearsal dinner. I must say, despite the busy week, I was eating good! Saturday, after pressing four dresses, painting 40 toe nails and six braids later we arrive at the Donally House for wedding pictures. Of course the guys were all in a tizzy because there were several football games transpiring during wedding pictures and the wedding itself...thank goodness for Tivo! It was a beautiful wedding! We all had a great time, especially the girls who burned up the dance floor.

We ended our week with a trip to the State Fair, after church. You must go see the 1100 lb National record holding largest pig, Harley. It is times like this that not having a sense of smell is no longer laughed at but envied!
It was a rather emotional day for the girls...pure excitement turned to pure fear on the roller coaster, pure enthusiasm at winning at the Duck Pond game turned to pure sorrow when Emma later lost her rainbow-colored bear, she'd won. Pure anticipation turned into a nose pinching odor at the sight of the 1100 lb "Harley the pig". Pure exhaustion turned into pure alertness after a bag of cotton candy and a brief circus performance. Overall it was fun and the girls enjoyed themselves.I'm glad to have this week behind us and look forward to seeing what next week holds. For more pictures, click here.
Keeping busy,
Anne Marie
4 comments:
O, gosh us too Anne Marie. Our business hasn't slowed down much since late August. First we get a round of colds here, then stomach viruses, then we go out of town for a few days, come back and Brandon has an ear infection, then another cold! Arg! Glad to hear everyone is on the mend. I'm praying we can all stay healthy.
I enjoyed the fair as much as the girls! I'm so glad they moved it to Pelham. I think a few folks got shot the last few years down at the old fairgrounds in B'ham.
I tried the link but had to search for the pics. This will take you straight there.
http://picasaweb.google.com/annemarie.webb
..may have to copy n paste.
Well, I could kick myself -- so totally meant to call you on Tuesday to wish you a happy birthday. As it was, Bella was home from school with a 102 fever, which AJ then came down with on Friday. That being the case, I missed church Wednesday night and Sunday morning. Glad to hear the birthday was one you'll remember, even though you have friends like me who forgot.
Sounds like you had a fun, but exhausting week. How in the world you had the energy to go to the State Fair at the end of it all is unknown to me. (I know there is NO WAY I could have gotten Steven to do that!)
See you Wednesday night (hopin').
I'd still be asleep from all that...by the way..who plans a wedding at the same time Auburn Plays! That's just un-Southern of them...
Post a Comment