Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Year Resolutions

Have you made a New Years resolution? I haven't formally but I've been thinking about it. Top of my list should be to stop procrastinating! Of course, I would also have the perpetual resolution to lose weight. Oh, and how about putting myself back on the list; can't forget that one. Seriously though, I feel the need or pressure rather to make a list. A list of things I will resolve myself to do this year. Here's a few I came up with....

1. Read more books and less Facebook!
2. Hold my children in my lap more and my laptop less.
3. Be grateful for the healthy body God has provided me and take better care of it and be less critical of it.
4. Memorize more of God's word. I have favorite scripture but can rarely quote it. Even my attempts to paraphrase are weak.
5. Declutter my house....another perpetual resolution but one I'm serious about.
6. Have more appreciation and less of a sense of entitlement.

Did I forget anything? What are your resolutions or did you resolve not to make any stupid resolutions?!

Starting anew,
Anne Marie

3 comments:

heather said...

I try not to because I feel bad when I don't keep them. So I normally have a running list in my head all year round of what I need to do or not to do. Then i never really get anything done.

Jennifer said...

To quit being so me-focused. That's it and if it really happens it could change the world for everyone near and dear to me, especially Dear Dave.

Paige M said...

How about to blog more than once a month!! That would be a good one for you, not me. HA! I actually did blog today. Why? I don't know. Nothing but boring rambling. So...now it's your turn!