Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I want everyday to be like Sunday…

This weekend was awesome! Our church celebrated its 25th Anniversary with a weekend full of festivities. Saturday night, after a wonderful potluck dinner, we attended the church talent show. It was so much fun! I laughed and sat in awe of the many talented participants. Sunday, we had a combined worship service in the gym...we skipped Sunday school and had a 2 hr service with guest speakers and special music by more talented folks and our Children's choir. The music just warms my heart.

I was also honored to hear from CPC’s founding pastor, Craig Childs, Sr. I’ve heard many wonderful stories of him over the years. Now I see what everyone means, he is a very “talented” pastor....much like our current one. Through his sermon, Craig shared his testimony and spoke of God’s presence in his life, both during the good times and bad. Through it all, God was there for him, always inviting him closer and closer to Himself. It was encouraging to hear that we all struggle with our faith in Christ, even those in ministry for years.

I left the service feeling uplifted, as did everyone else. Everyone was talking about what a wonderful weekend they had, how they were encouraged and felt blessed to be a part of such a caring church family. We felt a common bond, a true love for Christ and such gratitude for His faithfulness to us. Craig facilitated the journey but it was a day that truly glorified God! I came home with a little pep in my step and feeling ALIVE! So, my question is how do we make everyday feel like Sunday?

Feeling blessed at CPC,
Anne Marie

PS. Here's a few pics for the non Facebook folks.


2 comments:

j_webb said...

HAHAHA! It was a fun weekend indeed.
Got to love those pics...We're lucky we have a pastor who truly sacrifices himself for the church. ;-)

Paige M said...

It was like a huge family reunion. Even if we didn't know everyone. You could "feel the love" :)

Hummm, how do we make everyday feel like that? Just trying to remind ourselves of the gospel daily is a struggle. I think it's like Crissy said Wed, night. It just shows us how much we long for Heaven, when everyday will be far better than Sunday! Until then, we press on! And try to remind ourselves of the gospel daily...the BIG Kingdom!