Lent season seemed to sneak up on me this year but it's here! Ash Wednesday is Feb. 25th. Have you decided what you will "give up" for Lent? Last year I gave up chocolate!...a major feat for me. Maybe I should give up food for 40 days...crash diet, right....nahhhh!
Lent is a time for turning away from sin and a time to really focus on repentance. I was looking on the internet and found this website for the American Catholic. Regardless of your denomination, I think it has a great suggestion for a unique way to observe the Lenten season. I'm thinking of doing this or some version of it anyway. Take a look and let me know what you think. I like the idea of fasting from the clutter in my life....fasting from my personal habits, fasting from clutter in my home, fasting from the mental and spiritual clutter in my life.
Lent Season
I'm also looking for ways to share the Lenten season with my children. By Thanksgiving every year, they are so excited in anticipation for Christmas. I want them to share in the excitement and anticipation for Easter, as well. Do you have any interesting ways that you and your family have observed Lent?
Preparing for Lent,
Anne Marie
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lent is a great season! Unfortunately, the Bible belt church has become afraid of it - we associate it with Catholicism or some liberal version of Christianity. But the focus on repentance is undeniably the way to go!
Last year I also gave up chocolate. Not easy. Ty gave up his bed one year. He slept on the floor.
Post a Comment