

Last Thursday night was "Skate Nite" for the elementary school. The girls have been doing really good in school, with both their grades and conduct, so we thought we'd take them as a reward for their hard work and good behavior. I used to loooovvvve going roller skating. Every Saturday, my mother would take my brother and I skating. When I was a young teen it was the cool place to hang out on Friday and Saturday nights. I remember getting "speed skates" for Christmas one year. They had purple wheels and stoppers. For those gals out there around my age, you can imagine how cool I thought I was! Anyway, back to the girls - so before they went skating they ate Mickey Mouse pizza. Isn't this cute, I found them at Piggly Wiggly. Parents beware - Mickey Mouse pizza may create a riot. Adult supervision is required. Our youngest started it, "I want him ear"! The next, "I want his head"! "Give me his other ear"!...until it was devoured.

Speaking of my mom, today is her birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you (and thanks for taking me skating all those times)!
Today at church, Burt spoke about how God teaches us through our suffering. The sermon seemed to have been written directly for me. Although at the present, I am not suffering (it's actually the exact opposite, I've never been better) many around me are. The other day I was asked, "Why?...why is God allowing my loved one to hurt so much?". It was really a rhetorical question, they were just overcome with emotion, but I lacked a great response. I wanted so bad to comfort them...to have the right words at the right time. I have been bothered by it ever since. So why must we suffer? Today I realized that Burt is right, God does teach us through our suffering. He has taught me of His mercy, His grace, His glory, His sovereignty and of His providence and presence. Looking back at times of suffering in my life, I can see all of these things. I see them today with those around me suffering. So if asked again, I would share what Burt shared with our congregation this morning.
God may be taking you through years of difficulty, frustration and seeming defeat. Yet by faith we can be assured that Christ is with us as the One who endured even greater pain, humiliation, misery and even death so that we might never face it in the ultimate sense.
And from our church bulletin -
God will not permit any troubles to come upon us, unless He has a specific plan by which great blessing can come out of the difficulty. - Peter Marshall
Burt, today's sermon was just what the doctor ordered. Thank you! It is yet another example of God's providence in my life.
Feeling blessed at CPC,
Anne Marie
7 comments:
The Mickey Mouse cake cracks me up, and frightens me a little! I'm glad your family has found a home at Community. It's more than just a church, to actually see God working in peoples lives is awesome!
I used to love skating too. And I can imagine your speed skates. Jealous.
I bet you had the poofy hair, and NKOTB t shirt, and were actually in a dark corner somewhere....
And somewhere accross state lines,in a dark corner,I had parachute pants, and a bad mullet. It was destiny.
Enjoyed the post.
The pictures of the kids are so fun!
And isn't amazing how God sends what we need just when we realize WE don't have the answers.
And a pair of checkered VANS
Hey Anne Marie,
Thanks to the invite to Emma's party on Saturday. Birthday parties and Pump it up are two of Edie's favorite things, so consider this our official RSVP! Can't wait! See you guys there!
Anne Marie-what a beautifully written post. It has spoken directly to me. We all go through trials & tribulations. John 16:33 says, "In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer; for I have overcome the world."
I repeat that scripture to myself often. But isn't it hard to be in 'good cheer' when we're walking through the fire? But it sure is comforting to remember in times of trouble or just everyday chaos, that I'm not in this alone.
P.S. You're girls are beautiful! Would love to see you all soon.
Post a Comment