Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An Old Prayer


When I was a little girl (I'm guessing between 8 - 10 years old)I found this prayer hanging in the kitchen of my great-grandparents house, Big Mama and Papa Coffee. I loved it and copied it down on a sheet of paper. I've kept it all these years. I won't say exactly how many years but more than a couple of decades! Jason said he sees where McClain gets her, not-so-neat, handwriting from. I got this prayer out yesterday and emailed it to a loved one that's hurting. It reads -

I Said A Prayer For You Today - author unknown

I said a prayer for you today and know God must have heard.
I felt the answer in my heart although He spoke no word.
I didn't ask for wealth or fame, I knew you wouldn't mind.
I asked Him to send treasures of a far more lasting kind.
I asked that He'd be near you at the start of each new day,
To grant you health and blessings and friends to share your way.
I asked for happiness for you, in all things great and small.
But it was for His loving care I prayed for most of all.

3 comments:

Paige M said...

I haven't read your posts since Emma started school! Great posts. I enjoy your writing. And kudos on keeping up with that prayer for all those decades! I can't keep up with my notes from Wednesday night class!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that cute! Impressive that you kept it all these years. I keep nothing anymore, I throw too much away!

Laura said...

Love that you included the photo!